Whoa! Where'd that last post go? The one that was posted on September 26 about the end of Metro's Ride Free Zone. It's like it just got deleted and has disappeared off the internet for ever and ever.... Weird. What did it say? Oh, who can remember. It was probably just some offensive drivel written by yours truly. Sadly, I can no longer blame bad behavior on drunkenness. Actually, that's not sad at all. It is awesome.
Last week both of the people who have read this blog asked me when they could expect another post. Since I'm not one to disappoint any of my two adoring fans I've decided to absolutely phone-it-in and drop some knowledge on y'all. My agent says I should really be using all the hip new slang that I know so that I can up my page views. That's why I just wrote "drop some knowledge on y'all." Because it's hip and new.
Anyways, now that we're all up to speed on my new phraseology we can get down to business. I'm always a little hesitant to write blog posts about emotional subjects. Considering that this blog hasn't been updated in six months it's probably safe to say I'm hesitant to blog about anything. But the problem with emotional blogging during a period of raging sobriety is that when you sober up from your emotional bender you read the blog post and feel like a complete asshole. For instance, a guy might be upset at the world, ex-girlfriend(s), dead friends and people in general and decide to write (what seems at the time) to be a measured summary of the end of the Ride Free Zone. But when he comes back to read the blog six months later after taking some classes in the field of social work he might realize that what he actually wrote was a pathetic and angry diatribe directed at the homeless population. It might sound like the kind of speech Bill O'Reilly and his golfing buddies would make between sexist jokes. Now he feels like an asshole. Hypothetically.
But the problem is that I'm an emotional guy. I want to write about what I know. Out of respect for other people's privacy I will not blog about past relationships or speculate about those who are no longer around to stick up for themselves. But I'm the kind of guy who watches season 5 of The Wire and cries when Bubbles gets his 2 year coin at an NA meeting. I think about a text message I got almost two years ago from my friend Derek and I lose my shit. I was washing dishes and listening to music a month ago and the wrong (right) Bright Eyes song played and I broke down at the sink. The month before that I listened to some fucking Broadway show tunes (Jesus!) and cried because I forgot how much I used to love singing them. The point is: I'm a big, weepy baby and you need to know that. Well, maybe you don't need to know that but I want you to know it.
So to my two readers, please be aware that this blog is about me exercising those emotions which I can't seem to exercise any other way. I'll also try to use a little toilet humor and all the latest new slang. This blog is gonna be off the chain, yo.
No comments:
Post a Comment